FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN
In October Christus Victor will again be participating as a group. If you, your family, or friends are interested in being a part of this event, please add your name to the sign-up sheet located at the Information Desk.
Saturday, October 27th 9:00 am to 11:00 Eagan – 50 packers are needed
Donations are also needed to help fund the meal packets. Make checks payable to Christus Victor Lutheran Church writing FMSC in the memo. Any questions contact Nancy Colin at 952-452-0770.
THANKSGIVING BASKETS – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
Thanksgiving is a time to thank God for all of our blessings. It is also a time to reach out to families who otherwise might not be able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal. The Social Ministries Committee is organizing our 17th year of Thanksgiving Baskets for those in our community who are in need.
How can you help?
- Prayers for those who will be participating in this great event,
- Donations can be put in an Adopt-a-Family envelope located at the Welcome Desk then placed in the offering baskets during the worship service. Each Basket costs $40.00 to feed a family of six. A donation of any amount is welcome. Checks should be made payable to Christus Victor with Thanksgiving Baskets noted on the memo line.
- Volunteer on Saturday, November 17th. This is where the action happens.
NEW START TIME: 8:30 AM
- We’ll start by folding boxes, unloading the truck then filling boxes with food items. Volunteers are needed until baskets are distributed and our church is cleaned up. A sign up sheet is located at the Welcome Desk.
Thank you for making this a successful event and helping families in our community know God’s love.
ARMFUL OF LOVE
Once again Christus Victor will partner with 360 Communities Armful of Love holiday gift program. The 360 Communities Armful of Love Holiday program is a gift giving program that helps provide gifts to children and their parents during the holiday season to Dakota County families who are facing financial hardships. For the 46th year this program will ensure thousands of children are connected with holiday gifts. This year our congregation has been matched with 10 families. Each child will receive 2 clothing items and 2 non-clothing items in their wish list. Parents will have one item on their list. Social Ministries Committee will have the recipient’s names and their gift wishes available on the Sundays of November 11th and 18th. Wrapped gifts should be brought to the church between November 18th and 25th. There is joy in giving and you too can help a family feel special and included during the holidays by giving.
GREENLEAF ELEMENTARY’S AFTER SCHOOL HOMEWORK SUPPORT PROGRAM
- Required new mentor orientation on Monday, October 29, 2018
- Gator Learning Club runs from Monday, November 5th, 2018 – Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 (There will be no GLC on 11/21, 12/24, 12/26, 12/31, 1/2, 1/21, 2/6, and 2/18)
- Need transportation to Greenleaf
- Reliability is critical
- Volunteers work 1:1 with students
- 1 hour after school on Mondays or Wednesdays (with the option to do both days) 3:45 – 4:45pm
- Homework, materials, and activities are provided
- 3rd, 4thand 5th graders
- To learn more or to become a mentor, individuals can contact Kristi Roddy at email@example.com
BACKPACK FOOD PROGRAM
We are partnering with Lily of the Valley AME Church once again to contribute funds and volunteers. The cost is $140 per student for the school year. Any donation amount is greatly appreciated! Donation envelopes are at the Information Desk and can be put in the offering basket or brought to the church office. Thanks for the wonderful volunteer response to distribute bags of weekend food to Greenleaf Elementary students this school year. CV Contact: Cindy Baubie (firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-715-2080).