Hello Children, Youth, and Families of Christus Victor,
The CYF Committee, New Day Team, and the Church Council have all discussed, and it has been voted on to safely, and slowly, return to some of our in-person CYF activities at church! (in-person worship will also be returning, with guidelines). Starting the week of February 7th, we will slowly return to our hybrid model. It will be very similar to our Fall model and follow the same calendar.
For Faith Formation For All, our first outdoor activity will be that Sunday, February 7th, following worship at 11 AM in the parking lot. It will be “Camp Sunday” – and we will be giving out information about the summer, warming ourselves by the portable campfires, and doing some fun activities together!
- Each First Sunday of the month will be a large group activity for all ages at 11 AM, mostly hoping for outside,
- The “middle” Sundays of the month will be small groups by age on Zoom, starting at 10:30AM.
- The last Sunday will be open fellowship on Zoom, both starting at 10:30 AM.
For Wednesday Programs, starting February 10th, we will return to our hybrid model for GLOW, Confirmation, and Youth Group.
- We will generally be meeting at 6:30 PM (7:45 PM for Youth Group) every other week in-person, and then only online, as we did in the Fall to do our best and keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Ash Wednesday is coming up soon however, and so that will add one extra week between in-person activity for the first few sessions, which will give us even more time to slowly and safely return (a separate email with schedule to be sent).
- And, as we did in the Fall, if anyone in your family is feeling sick, has been exposed to Covid, or you don’t feel safe coming into the building, you can still virtually join during our hybrid in-person nights.
Best practices for health and safety will continue for the foreseeable future, including:
- Required mask wearing. If you don’t have one when you arrive, we have lots of extras!
- Physical distancing of 6 feet. Spaces and seating for GLOW, Confirmation, and Youth Group will be marked ahead of time, and there is plenty of space outdoors to spread out.
- No food or drink while inside, including pizza dinner.
- Sanitation stations will be set up throughout the church.
- Spaces are designated for each group, and only to be used by those groups while at church.
- Spaces will be cleaned and sanitized after each activity by staff and volunteers.
- An expectation is
needed from each family, household, and individual to monitor their own
symptoms, take their temperature, wash their hands regularly, and not to come
into church if you are feeling sick or have recently been exposed within 14
days. More information and resources can be found here:
Lastly, we will be more vigilant than in the Fall about children and youth drop off and pickup time. Parents will need to drop off and wait either outside or in their cars for pickup following Wednesday activities, in order to limit exposure and keep physical distancing, specifically in the entryways. GLOW children will be brought outside by volunteers or staff at the South “Art Room” entrance, and Confirmation will be let out the North “Office Doors” entrance.
For the weeks of Lent, services will be starting at 7:30 and thus Wednesday activity will be ending a little early (7:30 instead of 7:45 for GLOW and Confirmation). Children and youth must either be:
A). Attending worship, signed up ahead of time, and with their families
B). Be picked up by their families at 7:25 PM.
(We cannot have them all crowded together at the front of the sanctuary like “normal” during Wednesday worship, and they cannot just sit wherever they want, or wander around the church unsupervised).
We have these guidelines in place so everyone can return safely! And, we are so very excited to do so!!
SignUp Genius for Worship (Sundays and Wednesdays during Lent)
Please only sign up for the seats that you need for yourself and your family. Remember to wear your masks and observe safe physical distancing.