On Sundays throughout the school year (September to May), children preschool through 5th grade embark on a journey of learning through our Sunday School program at Christus Victor. Our Sunday morning education hour begins at 9:45am and concludes at 10:45am.
Children age 3 and 4 years old at the start of the school year (September) gather to have fun and learn in the preschool room. Here the children get their first exposure to Sunday morning education. There is singing, learning and lots of movement.
Kindergarten children sing, learn Bible lessons and have a great time learning about the love of Christ in this room.
Children first through fifth grade are involved in the Faith Trek rotation program. In each 5 to 6 week rotation, the children study the same Bible story but with a different focus each week. There are generally 4 to 5 Bible stories covered each year. The classes meet in a different room each week of the rotation.
- Thou Art Studio This room focuses on learning about the story through special art creation. Often times, we learn through the symbolism in art projects.
- CV Cinema Our own small movie theater even includes a popcorn machine. The kids journey through the story on the big screen.
- Church Mouse Through the use of computers kids review the story and often create their own representation.
- Praise Him! Playhouse Children reenact the story with costumes or through use of puppets.
- Daniel’s Den Games and fun to help children learn the Bible lesson.
- Rabbi’s Kitchen Learning the Bible lesson through cooking. There are lots of opportunities for symbolizing God’s love in this room and of course, all kids enjoy eating their projects!
2016-2017 Faith Trek Volunteer Sign Up
Registration takes place in the fall, but new children are welcome to join all year.